Brought to you by IPC Tech — Platinum Certified Mitel Support Partner specializing in connecting your business applications to optimize your communication experience.
Businesses today need communications solutions that deliver much more than dial tone and access to the public switched telephone network. They need solutions that support omnichannel communications, increased collaboration and backend simplicity. That’s why more organizations are implementing or investigating Communications-Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) solutions.
CPaaS is a cloud-based platform that makes it easy to integrate communications capabilities such as voice, video and messaging into business applications. There’s no need to build backend infrastructure and interfaces, allowing organizations to add chatbots, service agents and contact center connections into their customer-facing applications with minimal effort.
Communication industry analysts say these capabilities are driving rapid uptake of CPaaS solutions. The market research firm Statista says the CPaaS market will be worth more than $8 billion by year’s end, representing an astonishing 1,925 percent increase over the past four years. IDC predicts compound annual growth of 39.2 percent through 2022.
Much of this growth is being propelled by expanding digital transformation initiatives. The ability to insert real-time communication services into business applications allows organizations to dramatically redefine workflows and create new ways to engage and support customers.
CPaaS is often confused with Unified-Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS). The main difference is that UCaaS unites multiple communication tools into a single system, while CPaaS is a development platform for embedding those tools directly into key business apps with application programming interfaces (APIs) or code snippets. For example, CPaaS allows developers to embed UCaaS voice, video and texting apps into CRM platforms for real-time customer communications.
Solutions such as Mitel’s Summit CPaaS platform simplify the process with intuitive drag-and-drop interfaces that allow almost anyone to create new communication-enabled workflows without any coding required. However, Summit also accommodates more complex integration requirements. In addition to the API approach, the Mitel solution includes a full programming language and a feature-rich software development kit to give developers a great deal of flexibility in what they can build.
Embedded voice, video and messaging with Summit creates a variety of ways to interact with employees, customers and partners. Use cases include:
- Customer self-service. Allow customers to handle routine tasks such as accessing account information, placing orders, paying bills, checking balances and more.
- Secure access. Implement two-factor authentication by leveraging Summit’s voice and text frameworks to generate unique codes.
- Notifications and surveys. Send customers confirmations, reminders, wait times, delivery updates and marketing promotions. Gain feedback with surveys and polls.
- Employee communications. Broadcast company-wide notifications about upcoming events, office moves, software updates, benefits enrollment and more through multiple channels.
- Disseminate information about holiday schedules, open shifts, staff meetings, etc., with text and voice reminders.
- Alert customers of new sales promotions and services.
- System alerts. Issue voice and text alerts for emergencies, system outages or fraud detection to mitigate risk.
CPaaS solutions such as Mitel Summit are transforming business communication strategies to meet the digitalization requirements of modern organizations. By embedding voice, video, text and other communication channels directly into key business apps, CPaaS gives organizations new ways to engage staff, customers and partners.
IPC can help you take advantage of Mitel Summit to create applications with advanced communications capabilities. Our consultants engage with customers to determine their needs and design a customized solution. For more complex requirements, our developers can build, test and implement software using the Summit platform. Give us a call to learn more about using Summit to enhance your communication services.