Although it’s a primary vehicle for customer relationships, the contact center has not always been treated as a strategic asset. Inadequate technology and insufficient data made it difficult for agents to handle customer requests. Long wait times and growing customer frustration were the norm. Many companies implemented automation to reduce operational costs but this seldom improved the customer’s experience.
Today’s empowered customer won’t stand for the shortcomings of yesterday’s contact center. Customers expect to receive fast, high-quality service on the channel of their choosing, whether it’s phone, email, text, instant messaging or social media.
The ability to meet those expectations is a key differentiator. According to research from Zogby Analytics, 16 percent of consumers share negative customer experiences with others, and 13 percent say such an experience would prevent them from doing business with a company in the future. At the same time, if a customer receives a quick, effective solution to their problem, the contact center can boost customer loyalty and goodwill. The Zogby study revealed that 31 percent of customers will give a company positive feedback and 14 percent will share their positive experience with others.
Organizations are recognizing that the contact center plays an important role in enhancing both the customer experience and the organization’s bottom line. However, technology and processes must be aligned with customer needs and capable of meeting today’s high expectations.
The ability to gather, store and analyze data, and deliver this data to contact center agents in real time, is critical to delivering the kind of customer service that people expect from your contact center. Agents also need streamlined access to the various customer service channels.
That’s what ShoreTel Connect Contact Center delivers. Introduced as part of ShoreTel Connect, the common platform and user experience for cloud, onsite and hybrid unified communications, ShoreTel Connect Contact Center is a robust solution scalable to 1,000 users. Built on the foundation of ShoreTel’s award-winning Enterprise Contact Center, ShoreTel Connect Contact Center extends the power of multichannel routing and deep reporting to ShoreTel Connect CLOUD, and delivers a sleek new agent interface for all customers.
ShoreTel has integrated previously standalone contact center functions into a single, centrally web managed, highly available platform. Capabilities include:
- Multiple interaction channels, including inbound and outbound voice, web chat, web call back requests, and email routing.
- A simple and clean new browser-based interface that combines easy management of multiple contact channels, deep contextual transaction information, agent and service KPI information, supervisor/agent interactions, web chat, and agent controls within a single pane.
- Support for up to 1,000 concurrent agent logins for both cloud and onsite deployments.
- Powerful real-time and historical reporting, including advanced statistics of call center activity, detailed agent activity and call-by-call details on outbound calls.
- Enhanced customer self-service capabilities with fully customizable IVR scripting in an easy to use, graphical flow creation tool.
- Deep integrations to workforce optimization and CRM solutions.
With the ShoreTel Connect Agent Interaction Center, contact center agents can work from anywhere with just a browser and a PSTN connection, or combine with the ShoreTel Connect client for comprehensive UC/UC-as-a-Service capabilities to further improve agent productivity. The ShoreTel Connect Agent Interaction Center is also available to current ShoreTel Enterprise Contact Center onsite users.
If your contact center is stuck in the past, you are missing opportunities to enhance the customer relationship. Let IPC show you how ShoreTel Connect Contact Center can help you deliver the kind of experience today’s customer demands.